Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pizza: Gateway food to creative meals

Ok, so I've always kind of grouped pizza together in a separate category from everything else. It's not pasta, it's not a sandwich, it's not a soup. . . and the crust is the best part. When you usually think of pizza, you think of bread, cheese, and tomato sauce. When you think of toppings, you think of extra cheese, peperoni, mushrooms, sausage, broccolli, peppers, and anchovies.

But apparently, you can put anything and everything on pizza, and it would still be edible.

Since I've come to college, I never knew how creative you could get with pizza. I guess the dining hall is just desperate for a little variety, so they're like "How about some pizza with PIZZAZ!" I'm sure you guys have seen Hawaiian pizza, which just has slices of pinnapple on it. But it gets worse than that. Much worse.

Just last night they had "apple dessert pizza." Apple dessert?! I know that everything we eat all goes to the same place but I have my limits. Putting sliced, syrupy apples and cinnomon on a slice of pizza doesn't look good, and it doesn't exactly smell that appetizing either. Ok, I'll let hamburger pizza slide, with huge chungs of meet and a big slice of cheeze on top. It's still cheeze, and some people like sausage. But tonight, things got kind of fancy. Shrimp scampi pizza. White cheeze on whole wheat dough, with little shrimpies cooked in with the cheese. Uh. . . wha?

1 comment:

  1. I. Love. Whole. Wheat. Crust.

    But I pretty much like normal pizza. Pesto pizza is as far as I go into weirdness.

    ReplyDelete